Update 3 has just been released for Veeam Backup & Replication. Update 3 comes with a lot of new cool functionality:
Storage Snapshots Integrations
New strategic partnerships and storage integrations include:
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize – IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) and the IBM Storwize family
- Lenovo Storage V series
Bringing functionalities to these arrays like Backup from Storage Snapshots, Explorers for Storage Snapshots
Recycle bin for Cloud Connect
As a way of protecting backups from maliciously being deleted if someone gets access to the tenants credentials, deleted backups will now be placed in a recycle bin for a configurable amount of days but to the user they’re gone. This way it will still be possible to retrieve backup files and restore VMs and/or files even though from a user perspective the backup files seems lost. Once the backup files have been deleted and temporarily placed in the recycle bin, the backup files will not consume valuable resources from the disk quota. When the deleted backup files needs to be used the tenant has to contact the service provider to have the service provider restore the backup files from the recycle bin back to the tenants repository.
VMware Cloud on AWS
Support for backing up VMs running och VMware Cloud on AWS
Agent monitoring and reporting
- Protected agents
- Agent backup status
- Identify agents with no backup copy
Backup Compliance reporting
- Geolocation of Data Protection Report: List all data sources grouped by production location and location of their copies/replicas
- Data Geolocation Mismatch Report: List all data sources that have one or more copies where the location is different from the production data
Agent only use: 0-socket license required for enabling advanced funtionalities (Scale-Out Backup repository, Tape, WAN accelerator) in Backup & Replication when using agents if you’re not using Backup & Replication for backing up any virtual environment.
Centralized deployment and management giving you a single pane of glass for all backups and restores regardless of location in the environment – VMs or physical servers, you can even install Agents on VMs running in the Cloud or on any hypervisor.
Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows 2.1
- Windows Failover Cluster
- Includes SQL AlwaysOn, Windows Failover Cluster and Exchange Database Availability Groups
- Change Block tracking driver for faster incremental backups of Windows Servers
- Microsoft OneDrive support as a backup target
This means you can you Veeam Explorers to restore application-items from Exchange, SQL
Veeam Agents for Linux 2.0
- Scale-Out Backup Repository
- Direct backup to Cloud Connect
- Source side encryption
You must be logged in to post a comment.